Wellesley started the match strong, winning two out of the three doubles matches. At one, Marie Watanabe and Sojung Lee paired up for an 8-2 win over Bowdoin's Kellen Alberstone and Kate Winingham. At three, the Blue's Melissa Clark and Kendall Tada were 8-6 winners over Emily Lombardi and Susanna Howard.
Bowdoin picked up a doubles point at two, where Emma Chow and Emma Lewis topped Wellesley's Diana Granger and Erica Choo.
The Polar Bears swept all six singles matches to seal the team victory, their eighth win of the season.
April 22, 2012
Bowdoin 7, Wellesley 2
1. Watanabe/Lee (WEL) def. Alberstone/Winingham (BOW), 8-2
2. Chow/Lewis (BOW) def. Granger/Choo (WEL), 8-0
3. Clark/Tada (WEL) def. Lombardi/Howard (BOW), 8-6
1. Alberstone(BOW) def. Watanabe (WEL), 6-1, 6-2
2. Winingham (BOW) def. Choo (WEL), 6-2, 6-3
3. Lombardi (BOW) def. Clark (WEL), 6-2, 6-1
4. Lewis (BOW) def. Granger (WEL), 6-2, 6-0
5. Howard (BOW) def. Lee (WEL), 6-4, 6-2
6. Hoerner (BOW) def. Tada (WEL), 6-0, 6-3